Hi Jean, thank you for replying, i appreciate that is must be
extremely annoying having to answer the same question over and over
which is part of the reason i raised my points.

When i posted this topic i tried a few different search terms and
managed to find 3 topics that eventually went on to discuss the ADP1.1
official update, they were:

1. Do you have an ADP1? Have you received the holiday update OTA?
http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/browse_thread/thread/e11eeb7793ffd656?hl=en#
2. Is the holiday_devphone build an official ADP1 image?
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/4fc696bd66b988f6?hl=en
3. Where is a system-image for DP1?
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/825fb4e67d510416?hl=en

My frustration or grip was not that nobody has eventually taken the
time to answer the question but that because there had been no
proactive attempt by the people in the know to let developers know
what is going on, there has been an unnecessary amount of confusion
and frustration (and the answering of the same question over and
over). The topics above where you have made answers are not exactly
related to a specific question of ADP1.1 official update and I wanted
to make it easier for people who may still be looking for this to get
a clear answer and fast.

I know that I'm not alone in feeling that this matter has not been
handled correctly, no doubt there are some very good (and it appears
secretive) reasons for this but never the less an official statement
should have been made at the very least to let developers know that
they need to be patient.

I want to reiterate that my comments were made with the intention of
highlighting what i believe is something that needs to be improved and
not to infuriate those on the receiving end of all these ADP update
requests.

I'm not really sure what to make of 'I'm not allowed to answer
question #2', all i can say is that it doesn't really sound like the
spirit of open source.

Thanks again for your time