On Feb 26, 10:17 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I'd say that the current design would make this hard, but I have no
> visibility over what the future plans might be.

I think the decision to restrict "copy-protected" apps on the ADP1 is
very unfortunate. It's trivial to break the "protection" on a retail
G1, so I can't imagine that restricting ADP1s will have *any* positive
effect on infringement. Of course, it may have the opposite effect and
encourage developers to seek out alternative ways of getting the apps
that they're not allowed to legitimately purchase.

Who is this restriction supposed to help? Android application
developers. And who does it hurt? Android application developers. How
about polling all the registered developers to ask whether they
support it?

--
Jon