The shady part is that if the user had bought from the developer
directly (i.e. the developer had a merchant account with a bank which
could process credit cards), the developer has the opportunity to refute
the chargeback and the chargeback may not be processed.

This is something that happened to one of the companies I'm involved in
recently, and because we were able to provide the proof that the
customer ordered it, and proof that they had not complained to us, the
chargeback was rejected.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.