I'm really not looking forward to making any real money on Android, at
least not for some time to come.

"Once I finish my "US Weekly" within an hour, can I get a refund?"

Exactly.  What about watching a movie that cost you $7.50?  Do you get
a refund every time after watching it?

What about going to a restaurant, eating a big meal, licking the
plate, then asking the manager for a refund?  Why?  Who knows, you
just want a refund (other)!

I believe there should be demos and full apps in the market.  It
shouldn't be too hard to do.  If the user downloads the lite version
then buys the regular version, there should be a 1-2 hour refund
window (in case it doesn't work as promised).  This is much better
than the 48 hours refund policy that allows people to have their cake
and not pay for it too.

I really wish Google would address this.  They can look forward to a
very lackluster market if they don't.

I was disappointed with Google as a whole when I determined the
problems with the market, but now I realize it's just too big of a
company.  It's like the federal government now.  One hand doesn't know
what the other one is doing.  And when one part tries to tell another
part of an existing problem, it gets filed in stack of paperwork (or
queues) waiting for it's turn to be addressed.

Like I said, I think it will be fixed, but in due time.