So, I was trying to create my own ContentProvider. I want a recurring
notification (say, once a day) so I discovered that I should be able
to do this by setting a repeating alarm that my BroadcastReceiver
class can pick up. Because it's going to perform some calcs, it
immediately starts a service. So far, so good.

My service will need to access some data in the SQLite database in my
application. So I made a content provider to provide that
functionality. However, after making the content provider and adding
the provider to my manifest between the application tags:

<provider android:name="--Fully qualified path name to ContentProvider
class--" android:authorities="--authority to be used--"></provider>

Now my application, when it starts up, immediately fails with a
InstantiationException for my ContentProvider. Any idea what I'm doing
wrong? Or what else I need to be doing right?