Provider class public. Check: public class SavingsDbAdapter extends
ContentProvider

:) And I implement all the methods for a ContentProvider that Eclipse
asked me to. I do have some static code that runs first, as the
NotesList example does at the bottom of the class. That code seems to
run fine before I hit the exception. I also have added the
android:multiprocess parameter to true, but I wouldn't expect that to
have any effect either way on my problem.