If you have installed ADT then you should not be running the
standalone version of DDMS.

ADT actually is set of 2 plug-ins: DDMS and ADT.

When DDMS is running, it constantly monitors emulators that are
running, or devices that are connected through USB. As soon as a new
device/emulator is connected, it actually connects to each application
running on the device/emulator as a debugger. The applications can
only accept connection from one debugger, so the 2nd instance of DDMS
fails to work (it sees the applications but fails to connect to them)

(Regular Java debuggers actually connect to DDMS which then forwards
the packets to the application back and forth.)

Xav

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Mike Collins <mike.d.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There seems to be some magical connection between Eclipse and DDMS,
> after shutting down Eclipse and restarting DDMS and then restarting
> Eclispe it now seems to work about like I would have expected.
>
> It does not seem like you have to start DDMS before
> Eclipse...something
> is loose down there...
>
>  mike
>

> On Mar 6, 11:13 am, Mike Collins <mike.d.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are using V1.1R1, does the V1.0R2 work better?
>>
>> That seems to do a bit better, the Eclipse debugger now shows a few
>> of the threads in the process.  I still can't seem to set any
>> breakpoints
>> in the process and DDMS is still showing me nothing interesting.
>>
>> That's a pain,
>>   mike
>>
>> On Mar 6, 11:00 am, Videoguy <puri_mall...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> > I saw this issue with cupcake release when I was trying to attach to
>> > one of the apps. Some times DDMS worked, sometimes it didn't. I
>> > remember I was able to attach when I used the other port for that
>> > process (i.e 86XX instead of 8700).
>>
>> > Why don't you try that?
>>
>> > Videoguy- Hide quoted text -

Xavier Ducrohet