It looks like you are using the standalone version of DDMS.

ADT includes DDMS as an eclipse plugin. As soon as you develop for
Android in Eclipse, the DDMS plugin is started. This means it will
conflict with the standalone version of DDMS.

In Eclipse, go to the menu Window > Open Perspective > DDMS
If it's not present, choose Other and then select DDMS in the dialog.

Note that to debug Android application using ADT you do not need to
use the 8700 port with a manual remote connection.
In the debug dialog (Run > Open Debug Dialog) you should have an
"Android Application" launch mode that will do everything for you
(push the app, launch it, connect a debugger to it)

Xav