public String get_DAtaFromWeb(String url_toconnect)//throws Exception
  {
        int connection_Timeout = 10000;// 10sec
HttpParams my_httpParams = new BasicHttpParams();;
HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(my_httpParams,connection_Timeout);
        HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout(my_httpParams,connection_Timeout);

        HttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient(my_httpParams);  //get
http client with given params
        String responseBody = null;

     try
     {

      HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet(url_Pls);

      if(myDebug.debug_Log)Log.i("CONTENT GET","executing request " +
httpget.getURI());

      // Create a response handler
      ResponseHandler<String> responseHandler = new BasicResponseHandler();

      responseBody = httpclient.execute(httpget, responseHandler);
      }
     catch(Exception e)
     {
     if(myDebug.debug_Log)Log.i("Exception","Http Connection"+e.toString());
     }

      String Content = responseBody;

      if(myDebug.debug_Log)Log.i("Response",""+Content);

     return Content;

  }

--
Dilli Rao. M