Stoyan Damov wrote:
> This is not going to happen. If Google rolls out SQLite X.YY and it's
> incompatible with the database file format used by currently installed
> apps (some probably paid), would you think that the OTA upgrade will
> kind of search for all SQLite databases on the device (some might be
> on the SD card) and offer the user to upgrade them?

It's possible. It might also do something at database-open time
(conversion on the first open after the OTA upgrade).

I just want developers to be aware that there *might* be issues here.
I'm not saying you should avoid Mr. Jaynes' technique, just that you
should use it with full knowledge that the SQLite file format might
change and it might cause problems.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com