The ANR dialog is shown when you aren't responsive for 5 seconds.  We should
be talking about waiting for ~20ms only for motion events.  These are in
completely different realms.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Streets Of Boston
<flyingdutc...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would think so too.
>
> As soon as you execute wait statements in your main message-
> dispatching thread (e.g. sleeps, waits, waiting for I/O, long lasting
> loops, joins, etc.), you run the risk of the application getting
> unresponsive. Android may pop up a message telling the user that the
> application is not responding giving the user the choice to wait or
> force-close.
>
> In this case, the longest wait is only a second, after which the
> onTouchEvent returns, but still....
>
> On Mar 11, 9:38 am, MrSnowflake <mrsnowfl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But won't it affect other Activity stuff and life cycle functions and
> > such?
> >
> > On 10 mrt, 19:48, Stoyan Damov <stoyan.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > sure, it should work - I think someone has already done that

> working

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.