On 11 mrt, 21:59, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Well, there is a risk that a bug in 1.0 that would have been fixed in
> 1.1 could be hit by your application. I'm not explicitly aware of such
> situations, but that's definitely possible in theory.
A very valid situation. But does it matter? All Android devices have
the posibility to run 1.1, so if you build for 1.1, why not set
minSdkVersion? You only are making your app more secure, and you are
not excluding anyone (except for some developer still running 1.0 for
some very specific reason).

And if you are still on 1.0, I think upgrading always is the better
option, because all devices support it and 1.1 will have less bugs, or
at least less bugs in code which was available in 1.0. Though staying
with 1.0 won't really have any negative results.