On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:

> Stoyan Damov wrote:
>> Now, the thing is, why isn't this supported,
>> and would it be supported?
>
> FWIW, most of Typeface's logic is implemented in C via JNI. We'd need to
> modify lower-level firmware stuff to expose the right behaviors for
> Typeface to surface.

Hmm, this doesn't sound right. Unless Typeface calls into
package-private methods of AssetManager (haven't checked), it should
be able to construct a Typeface instance from any InputStream.

> I've logged this as:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2284

Mark, you're like a bee, how come you're not as lazy as some of us on
the list and keep filing bug reports. Can't you just rant like us?
This makes us look bad ;)