This won't work.

Android controls the creation of activities. Android provides
callbacks such as 'onCreate' (and 'onDestroy', etc.) that inform the
application developer of the lifetime management of his/her activity.

In anser to the original question from Noam:
go to http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/fundamentals.html and
read up on the "Launch Modes" section. You'll get the info you need
from there.