> However, in the specific case of acquiring mic audio, there may be an
> Android
> engineer here that could confirm that this is going to be in the released
> platform,
> it's just that I don't know the answer.

Hmm, I sure hope that is a feature since it is listed as one of the
new features in the early look of Android 1.5 SDK.

Is it a bad idea to start working with these new features?  I was
hoping that was part of offering this early look, not just to test
existing apps, but to get familiar with additions to the SDK.

Either way, the early look SDK is allowing me to get raw audio from
the phones mic and run it through an FFT.  The test "notes" I was
sending through are being analyzed by the FFT correctly, and I can say
I am quite happy with the features so far.

BTW, the emulator is great and should be used as a step in the testing/
debugging process but as an embedded developer, I value running things
on the actual metal rather than trust the simulation/emulation,
especially when it comes to performance.

Regards,
~Clark