> On Apr 20, 11:03 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>> The proper way would be to start the relevant activity. I don't know
>> whether the specific Intent to start that activity is documented as
>> part of the public API, though.
>>
>> JBQ
>
> Doesn't it seem like enormous overkill (cpu/memory/cycles) to launch
> an activity to persist one simple setting?

It would appear SDK applications are not presently capable of providing a
UI to do that, because the properties are read-only from the perspective
of SDK applications (per Mr. Guy's email). Hence, today, launching the
built-in activity may be the only available option.

If you would like those properties to be read-write to SDK applications
(perhaps governed by a permission), post an issue to http://b.android.com
with your argument as to why it is valuable and why it should be safe. Or,
if you feel up to it, implement your proposed change and submit it as a
patch. Or, find some other way to avoid needing to change those
properties.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com