Thank you for your response. I'm using the settings the following
way.

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/kFnfBNWMlsWLS0TWuzlO/

I'm saving only Strings that can get the following values:

- content://media/internal/audio/media/33
- 100,200,300

In addtion I'm having int values and boolean ones.

The users don't set any String values by their own which could lead to
the above mentioned encoding errors. (I had this error ones but fixed
it)

So to be honest I don't really know what could cause the settings
loss. Especially after a reboot some users are reporting this kind of
failure.