It's already possible for a user to see an app's permissions - though
it'd be nice indeed if the list could be organized the other way
(contributions welcome).

At least anecdotally, though, we've noticed that users (even
sophisticated ones) don't associate poor battery life or control over
some of the core aspects of their phone with permissions (so the point
of how fine-grained the permissions are defined or how verbosely
they're worded is pretty moot): for a certain category of settings,
our anecdotal evidence suggests that users don't expect any
application to be able to change such settings without asking for
permission each time.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru