Mark,

My comment about being kept in the dark was regarding not being told
of the market dependency.  I was well aware of that setting and that
it was suppose to be optional, but looks like the optional part went
out the door along with not being able to directly turn GPS on and off
anymore.

You are right that it is fairly easy to add that information to my
manifest and it should have worked, but guess what???  C'mon just take
a guess.

The issue at this point, is that even with having <uses-sdk
android:minSdkVersion="1" /> in the AndroidManifest.xml, I received
the same errors from the market.

~clark