One thing I've learned over the years of selling products on the net is
to do unlockable demos.   The unlockable ones were quickly hacked and
wound up as warez.  The ones where I provided a crippled demo and the
real version was only available for purchase did not wind up as warez.
Pirates won't purchase the program to hack it or create key generators.