I had the same problem but solved it.  Perhaps this will help:  Make
sure the 'gen' directory is part of the java source build path.

Right Click on project name (Package Explorer) -> Properties (Context
Menu) ->
Java Build Path (tree) -> Source (tab) -> Add Folder (Button) ->
"gen" (directory name)
-> OK (BUtton)

Now R will be properly resolved.

Richard Schilling