Strange. When I manually deleted all the Import statements and then
Reorganize Imports (Shift+Ctrl+O) again, it cleans up the problems. I
had been
using Organize-Imports (Shift+Ctrl+O) repeatedly on those migrated
files but there may have been some stale imports that needed to be
manually deleted (I thought Organize-Imports would do that
automatically for me? but
apparently not?). Anyway, I'm cleaning up the files using this method
and it works
for both 1.1 and 1.5 build targets. Looks like this is solved. Thanks
for the
assistance.

jh