Actually, that approach seems to be completely ineffective,
considering that I posted this message there yesterday and received no
received several responses, and the post on code.google.com quickly
received a few votes.  I doubt that all developers are reading all the
forums with the even distribution you are implying.

I take your point that the purpose of dividing the forums up is to
keep them on-topic, but that only works if everyone reads
everything...which I doubt.  Lots of people probably don't do that;
they just read a few of the main forums, in which case topic-division
actually prevents people from seeing all subject lines.

Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages.  Sorry to have
cluttered the list.

Cheers!