Everything goes in the sequence you described up to the point of launching,
but i don't see my activity on screen or an error message in the console:
[2009-05-04 08:05:05 - Tag-ToDo-List] Android Launch!
[2009-05-04 08:05:05 - Tag-ToDo-List] adb is running normally.
[2009-05-04 08:05:05 - Tag-ToDo-List] Performing
com.android.todo.TagToDoList activity launch
[2009-05-04 08:05:30 - Tag-ToDo-List] Launching a new emulator with Virtual
Device 'my_android1.5'

Next time i try to run the same way i still don't have the existing emulator
in that dialog, just the AVDs i defined. If i now go the Command Prompt and
say adb devices i get no attached devices, the list is empty. So i do adb
kill-server. Now the console in Eclipse starts listing connection attempts
until i do something with adb again. So i do adb devices again, the daemon
starts running, it now shows up as a running Android device in that Eclipse
dialog and the activity is even launched on the emulator.

Thanks for the replies,
Teo