Well Mark the problem is that I am using the suggested way to save the
settings. I do commit every single edit() like suggested. But a lot of
users are still reporting that they lose settings. I don't know why
but it happens some times. :( (I have worked with my app for 2 months
now and have never lost the settings)

To sum up I don't like the suggestion using Sqlite because I would
just ignore a bug which is obviously there but no one knows what it
really is.