Thanks, I have the same problem and I think the JDK 5 or 6 install is
the problem too.

My problem is that I HAVE installed JDK 6 (update 13), A quick look in
the Add/Remove Programs app shows Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update
13 is installed...HOWEVER when I do $ java -version, I get:

java version "1.3.1_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01, mixed mode)

What the heck? That doesn't seem match up. Are these apples and
oranges java apps? What should I see when I do $ java -version?

According to the Android Dev page on
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError, the error is "Thrown when an
attempt is made to load a class with a format version that is not
supported by the virtual machine."

Can I at least assume that "format version" refers to "Unsupported
major.minor version 49.0" and that "virtual machine" refers to JDK?

Egads, this is a show-stopper!

Help!