BriBri wrote:
> While trying to create an AVD for my first Eclipse-made Android app, I
> get the same java.lang.UnsupportederrorClassVersionError...49.0 error
> as in the OP.
>
> At that time, the $ java -version said I had:
> java version 1.3.1_01
> Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
> Java Hotspot (TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01, mixed mode)
>
> BTW: This "1.3.1_01" doesn't match any of the Java versions that I can
> see in Explorer.

I do not know what you mean by that.

> Anyway, I went ahead and installed JDK 6. I verified that it installed
> by finding it in (Explorer), (Add/Remove Programs), and in (IE > Tools
>> Internet Options > Advanced).

Neither of those particularly matter.

> I then restarted the machine for good measure.
>
> Then did the $ java -version command again...but got the same
> 1.3.1_01.

That means you need to update your PATH, as you are still picking up
some older JDK when Windows searches for the java.exe program.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Available!