Nick Pelly wrote:
> Mark summed it up pretty well. We don't have support in the SDK for
> Bluetooth right now. Getting some Bluetooth API's published in the SDK
> is a priority for the Android Bluetooth team. I can't wait to see the
> apps you guys come up with!

I assume there is not much point to have a vote on what profiles we
would like to see supported, but speaking for myself, the thing that
stops me from developing the application my employer (and his customers)
wants is the lack of ability to receive a file via OBEX (OPP).

For our J2ME implementation we have been forced to receive the file on a
  a special (high) port since it is not allowed to access the normal
inbox (the native Symbian can do it either way). Some customers appear
to prefer that approach from a security perspective so to me it doesn't
really matter which approach becomes available.

Any kind of hint as to whether such functionality is months or years
away would be much appreciated.

The iPhone info was not very clear as to whether this would be possible
in the next release (my personal interpretation is that it will not be).
Obviously, I'd really want to be able to offer this on the Android
platform first - the high profile customers appear likely to run with
whichever platform offers it and stay there.

                Just my 0.02 EUR / Jonas