On May 3, 10:46 am, Nick Pelly <npe...@google.com> wrote:
> > Thanks. RfcommSocket is hidden in the 1.5r1 SDK, is there any way I
> > can access it without compiling my own version of the framework?
>
> No

I see. I built both the system images and the SDK after following the
instructions from http://source.android.com/documentation/building-for-dream
and http://source.android.com/projects/bluetooth-faq but there is no
sign of RfcommSocket in the output files. I am still trying to wrap my
head around the way the building process works but to little success
so far. I assume the RfcommSocket file is being omitted from the
building process but I can't find where.

How would I go about building a version of Android and the SDK that
would allow me to interact with RFCOMM?

Thanks
Alin