Same for me. With the 1.5 SDK toolkit, I cannot send or receive SMS/
Calls using TWO EMULATOR INSTANCES on the same development machine.
**Simulating incoming calls and SMS messages using the emulator
console via telnet works fine. Using DDMS in Eclipse works fine.

I am using Windows Vista, using distinct AVDs, both the Dialer/
Messaging applications and port numbers (eg. 5554 and 5556).

I have tried both launching both emulator instances through Eclipse,
as well as one with Eclipse and one from the command line. Neither
method works.

These features worked fine in Android 1.1.

I hope we get an answer to this query soon.

-LED