The minimum width is used by the AppWidgetHost when deciding how to
display your widget, and in the case of Launcher, it rounds those
dimensions into exact cell sizes that it then reserves for you.

This means for Launcher-inserted widgets you can't use more space than
the exact cell size it rounded you up to.  Other AppWidgetHosts might
allow you to grow outside these bounds, but this may result in your
widget overlapping others.

If you need to provide multiple widget sizes, you'll need to define
each size separately.

--
Jeff Sharkey
jshar...@android.com