Hi,

I have a regular EditText that nicely pops up the soft keyboard when
the hardware keyboard is closed. Entering data also works fine and
gets preserved by my app. However, when I try to track individual key
presses using the following code,

   EditText myedit;

   // Only gets number keys??
   myedit.setOnKeyListener(new EditText.OnKeyListener() {
      @Override
      public boolean onKey(View v, int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
         Log.i("OIC","keycode "+keyCode);
         KeyCharacterMap kmap = KeyCharacterMap.load(event.getDeviceId
());
         if (kmap.isPrintingKey(keyCode) && event.getAction() ==
KeyEvent.ACTION_DOWN) {
            // Blah, blah
         }
         return false;
      }
   });

no key presses show up in LogCat *except* for number key presses
(0-9). No letters, punctuation, or anything other than numeric digits
and a few special keys such as Del and Return. Is this a bug or a
feature? In this particular case I am only interested in individual
alphabetic key presses, but the listener fails to report them. What's
wrong?

I'm using the official Android 1.5 on my ADP.

Thanks