I have checked the browser, but it uses a method not available in the
sdk to handle ssl errors. Inside TabControl.java, it has this:

private class SubWindowClient extends WebViewClient {

        @Override
        public void onReceivedSslError(WebView view, SslErrorHandler handler,
                SslError error) {

                mClient.onReceivedSslError(view, handler, error);

        }

onReceivedSslError isn't a method available in the sdk, which is how I
assume you would handle this sort of problem.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebViewClient.html