Thanks for the quick response.  My responses to your questions:

> -- Does your page require Javascript? If so, have you tried enabling
> Javascript?

No Javascript used (its pretty much begin/end tags with plain text)

> -- Have you tried it without the Dialog theme?

Yes and that works but we'd like the Dialog to work for aesthetic
purposes

> -- Have you tried using a layout file rather than directly creating a
> WebView instance?

Yes, that also doesn't work

> -- Have you tried some URL without the # syntax?

Yes also doesn't work

There are no exceptions in the Log so that makes this even more
frustrating because it appears to all be working but nothing is
displayed.