Hi All,

I have a GIS layer, that holds information about some areas. It is
basically a rating for a specic area. So each shape defines a specific
rating.

I would like to be able to add this layer to Google Maps and then in
my Google Android phone be able to open a little application that just
shows that rating based on your current location as a big number on
the screen.

I am fairly new to Android development, so I don't know the Google
Maps API that well yet.

I would be very happy for any pointers in the right direction and even
happier if anyone could present an example!

Thanks,
JP