What JavaScript error do you see? I get none. This is a Maps v3 demo
app, it should work well with any modern browser.

The v3 API doesn't have a tile layer yet but it does have an overlay
method. I wrote the one used in the demo. It handles whole image
overlays so if you can create a single image that contains all your
data then it works well. The v2 API has tile overlays which may work
better for your application. The v3 api is smaller and faster, better
for mobile apps.

-John Coryat