There is no difference between installing on the app store or through
adb as far as the permissions you get or any other behavior of your
app.  You definitely want to request the camera permission if you are
using the camera; there may be an issue in the platform where
sometimes it is not enforced, so you don't want to break when it is
enforced.

As of cupcake there is no permission required to access the SD card.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All
such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others
can see and answer them.