Hi --

My company is in the process of evaluating if we can add support for
Android to our product.  I am currently working on porting our
existing J2ME library to the Android framework and I have a question
regarding our UI component.  Right now, we have a custom menu that we
allow our developers to bring up on the device.  On J2ME, we simply
have a single call that the developer makes to enter into the menu and
then we handle the rest.

On Android, it seems the best way to handle this is an Activity.  But
I have a few questions regarding this approach -- including is the
really the best way to do something like this?  Second, if it is, if
there are multiple applications on the device that are using our
library, are there going to be conflicts with them all having the same
Activity embedded in them?

Is it possible to create an Actvity at runtime and use it directly?
Would there be any side effects of going about it this way?

Thanks!
dennis