Hello,

There are certain application which are default available on Android
and certain applications available freely in market place. Greader is
an application not available default in the Open source package on web
to download.

1) Is it legal to install Greader as an application on the devices
when it is shipped to customer? if yes, what is the best way to do it?
Can we simply use the apk file of Greader and install it on device?
Any other better ways?

2) When the applications are built, it will also have lot of
dependency on the hardware availability on device. If there is an
application developed for T G1 Mobile using the GPS hardware then this
application cannot work on another device which does not have GPS
hardware. Since we have market place for Android today and mostly
targetting for T G1 mobile, how do we ensure that users must not able
to install it on devices that does not support all the required
hardware for device? There are few ways to deal with it.

       a) Have market place specific to each device

       b) The application developers has to clearly document what is
the expected harwdare for the applications to work so that the users
are aware of whether would work on the device or not. This is mostly
manual then.

        c) Ideally we should ensure that the application installation
must happen only if before installation, the compatibility check
passes. This is possible only if we bring in a framework design for
this structurally.

Appreciate if our Google friends can respond to understand what the
design throughts are at present and for the future keeping all these
in mind.

Regards
Rangan.