Hi!

I have a somewhat related question.

A lot of android powered phones will become available in the next
months.
And as I see manufacturers trying hard to customize their android
versions, to make their products more appealing to the consumers.

So how can Google (and the Android team) defend the platform from
becoming fragmented ? I mean I'm pretty sure that no manufacturer can
modify the base framework in a way which makes existing apps
incompatible with it and still call it Android powered (am I right?).

But what if they extend the framework with apis that I as a developer
can use, and if I choose to use it, will I be out in the cold alone to
sell it somehow outside the Market ?

Or should I just use the base framework as it is and hope that my app
will integrate well with the changes the manufacturer made ?

Thanks for the answers.

Zod.