My mini howto works with ubuntu. Maybe the udev rule is not needed or
must be different for open suse. Please read the docs at
http://developer.android.com/intl/de/guide/developing/device.html and
search the web for developing android under open suse. You just have
to change two things to make it work with the galaxy: change the
vendor id in the udev rule (if there is any) to 04e8 and use the
patched adb binary from my previous post. If you make it work please
post it here.

good luck