In texture loading function please try the following

gl.glGenTextures(1, texID, 0);

gl.glBindTexture(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, texID[0]);
gl.glTexParameterf(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL10.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,
GL10.GL_LINEAR);
gl.glTexParameterf(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL10.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,
GL10.GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);