Hi all,

I would like to use an <include /> in my XML file to add a layout
below a MapView(or any other greedy layout). I have been trying for a
few hours now, and no luck so far. I was hoping someone could give me
a hand. Here is what my XML looks like now:

<LinearLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:orientation="vertical">

    <!-- A MapView class that loads a google map -->
    <org.vuphone.vandyupon.android.viewevents.EventViewerMap
        android:id="@+id/event_map" android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:clickable="true"
        android:apiKey="my_key" />

    <include layout="@layout/event_details" />
</LinearLayout>

Optimally, the include could be any sort of other layout. The goal
here is to have the Google map on the top, and then have the included
layout below it. If I include the content in the layout, such as
replacing the <include /> tag with a <TextView /> then that works
correctly, so I am thinking I am mis-using the include. A trip to
hierarchy viewer shows that the included layout has no height. I have
tried putting the include first, and using a RelativeLayout to
position the map above the included layout, but I could not get that
to work correctly (the included layout took the entire screen space,
even though I explicitly said layout_height='wrap_content'

Thanks for any help!

PS - this is a re-post of
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1214131/using-android-includes-with-layouts-that-like-to-take-the-entire-screen-space