Hey all,

I don't want to waste anyone's time, but (like always) i had a
breakthru five minutes after this hit the list. Here is the updated
question, that shows the actual root of the problem!
________

I have a layout item (a MapView, in this case) whose height is that of
the entire screen, even when the layout_height is set to wrap_content.
I would like to put something below this item, and have the MapView be
compressed into the remaining space on the top of the screen. I can
easily put something above the MapView, and have it compress down, but
getting it to compress up seems harder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:orientation="vertical">

    <ImageView android:id="@+id/ImageView01"