I have a question for other developers who may have started publishing
android apps already.

Once I create Android app, will I have to publish it on each carrier's
app store seperately? For e.g. t-Mobile has its own app store and so
does Verizon.

Will I need to do that individually? Or do I need to just go to
android.com to publish my app.

Which brings up another point. Android being the common platform, is
it true then that once I develop an app for let's say HTC handset, the
same app can run without any code change on a Motorola device? Or any
other device that uses the Android platform? Code once, distribute
many, is that the goal of Android?

tia, much appreciated