I tried this a few days ago, and couldn't find a way to do it in pure
Java. There can of course still be a way to do it, but it does also
look like screenshot apps are using native code as part of their
implementation.

I'm still pretty new on Android development, but I don't think that
the real phone is listening on a socket under normal circumstances. It
will listen on the USB channel. I think I've seen a post that said
something being able to use ethernet over USB, but I can't remember
where, and I don't know if it helps.