I was wondering if the following is considered good practice.
I am creating mulitple Dot instance. A Dot instance is a value object
containing x,y, color, diameter fields.
I draw each created Dot to a view:
<code>
       canvas.drawCircle( dot.getX(),dot.getY(),dot.getDiameter
(),paint);
</code>

Now i want all the Dots to listen to a certain event, lets say that i
want to click a button and move all the Dots.
What i do is in the Dot constructor i add this code:
<code>
   IntentFilter intentFilter = new IntentFilter
("org.dadata.demo.SEND_TO_REACTOR");
   Appcontext.registerReceiver(this, intentFilter);
    @Override
    public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
        this.x += 5;
    }
</code>

Then from my button i send the intent :

<code>
intent.setAction("org.dadata.demo.SEND_TO_REACTOR");
getApplicationContext().sendBroadcast(intent);
View.invalidate();
</code>

I am wondering if someone could give me some feedback on this. Is it
expensive for instance, and are there better ways to achive the same.

Thank you,

Jiri