The is (maybe) a simple Java question but I can't find the anwer
searching.

The code is:

        final Formatter f = new Formatter();

        for (Sentinel s : Sentinel.mSentinels) {
            if (s.mIsLive) {
                pos++;
                f.format("%4d%5d", s.mPos.x, s.mPos.y);
                canvas.drawText(f.toString(), x_pos, (pos *
mHalfHeight), mPaint);
            }

The problem is Formatter appends the output rather than clearing the
underlying buffer for each 'format'. Okay, my bad. I looked for
something to clear the underlying buffer but can't find anything.

Suggestions?

Rud