The SDK docs in the open source repo say;

"Based on the target device screen density, the Android framework will
scale down assets by a factor of 0.75 (low dpi screens)..."

And the default QVGA skin is a low density one.

Just to be clear; are you saying that the device won't show in market
because it's a standard DPI and low resolution screen, or are you
saying they'll be blocked just because apps don't explicityly say they
support QVGA?

>From the docs in the open repo SDK I would have expected apps to be
available and scaled down using the 0.75 factor.

Al.