Hi Petersson:

Would you mind, if you have time, to ask your friend two quick
questions?

1 What is the target device he used Hero to connect? GPS or custom
device such as board?
2 Did he follow the procedure in the example which is included in
source code, or he just wrote another app by himself using API? If the
latter, did he make any modification?